- Calories: 194
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Sodium: 332mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 24g
Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa Recipe Video
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup beer or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lb jumbo unpeeled shrimp
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut in pieces, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen mango, cubed (defrost if using frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup low fat plain yogurt
- Make shrimp marinade: In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, paprika, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and beer and puree until it becomes a smooth paste. In a large bowl, combine shrimp and marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Make mango jalapeno sauce: In a blender, puree mango and water and set aside. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add red onion and jalapeno and saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mango puree; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in yogurt.
- Lightly coat a grill rack or nonstick grill pan with cooking spray. Set heat to medium-high. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro and a splash of fresh-squeezed lime juice. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010