- Calories: 270
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g
Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 large white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 cups (16 oz) fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded light white cheddar cheese
- 12 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch in diameter)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 300Â°.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook beef over medium heat until browned. Add peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic and sautÃ© until onions become translucent.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in black beans. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix gently. Cover and remove from heat.
- Lightly coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon beef and bean mixture into tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and roll. Place enchiladas into dish, seam side down and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- In a food processor, blend remaining 1 cup of sour cream and avocado until smooth. Transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium in 20 second intervals, stirring, until warm. Serve enchiladas with avocado sauce and brown rice.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010