- Calories: 310
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 25g
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Have some friends over for this fun and easy chicken fajitas recipe. Marinate the chicken earlier in the day and youâ€™ll have a delicious chicken fajitas dinner in minutes.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (8-inch diameter), warm
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato, optional
- With a mallet or rolling pin, flatten chicken breasts to Â˝-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the canola oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, cumin, onion powder, hot sauce, black pepper and chicken. Seal and shake bag to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat a grill rack or a large grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Slice into strips.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell peppers and sautĂ© until vegetables are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables in warm tortillas. Add avocado and tomato, if desired. Wrap tortillas and serve warm.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010